Creating the Most Exhilarating Stunts and Fights Scenes
GRAND MASTER Tommy Chang
7th Degree Taekwondo And 8th Degree Hapkido Master. Founder And Manager Of Reelstunts.
Black Belt World first originated in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA in 1986, under the leadership of Grand Master Jun Lee. In 1992, Grand Master Tommy Chang introduced Black Belt World to Canada at its first location in downtown Toronto, Ontario, where it later became the headquarters for Black Belt World CANADA. Since then, Grand Master Tommy Chang brought Black Belt World to be the top leading martial arts school in Canada and undoubtedly the most powerful organization in the country. Under his influence, Grand Master Chang has trained students, instructors, masters and school owners to become powerful leaders in society and create a foothold for the Taekwondo community. Countless Taekwondo schools and masters across the country were enhanced and brought into being as a result of Grand Master Chang’s leadership and direction.
We offer stunt training catered for those looking to enter the world of stunt performing for film and television or for those looking to expand their current set of skills and improve their general knowledge of the business and industry.
Training is designed to familiarize students with a wide variety of commonly used stunt skills and to introduce and familiarize them with other advanced and specialized stunt skills and scenarios that one might encounter during their stunt career. The stunt performing business is an exciting and rewarding career, however it can take many years of dedication and networking in order to succeed in this industry.
Training consists of traditional martial arts, gymnastics, parkour, and stunt specific skills which are listed in more detail below. We feel that every stunt person should have a strong foundation of these skills which will prepare them for the wide variety of possible situations that one might find themselves in during their career or will allow them to easily adapt to ones that are new to them.
NEW AND EXCITING STUNT CLASSES FOR INSPIRING STUNT PERFORMERS.
Classes starts Sunday February 10th 2019, on Sundays at 11 am-1:00pm
The cost of the classes are $699+ hst for 8 2 hour classes OR $125/class
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register Training is conducted on a 1 on 1 basis by ReelStunts elite member Fight Master Tommy Chang. Below is some basic information about our stunt program
Black Belt World Woodbridge/Vaughan
7730 Islington Ave
Vaughan Ontario L4L1W3
Stunt Topics Available:
- Fight Reactions (head hits, body hits, leg hits)
- Gun Shot Reactions: pistol, shotgun, machine gun (head hits, body hits, leg hits)
- Squibs (types, self detonate, remote detonate)
- Firearms Safety
- Basic Falls (front, back, side)
- Advanced Falls (home alones, gainers, back halfs, spins, hong kong twists)
- High Falls (front entry, back entry, boxes, air bags, hitting objects on the way down)
- Martial Arts (punches, kicks, stances, weapons)
- Fight Choreography (fighting for camera, creating choreography on the spot, multiple targets)
- Wirework (harness, wraps, safety)
- Guns and Knife Use and Disarms
- Self Defense Skills and Techniques
- Set Safety
- Stunt Coordinators (Who they are, how to work with them)
- Trampoline Work
- Acrobatics + Parkour
- Fire Burns (what to expect, how they work)
- Stunt Driving Cars (concepts, ND driving, dry vs. wet, auto vs. manual, front vs. rear vs. 4wd)
- Operating Special Vehicles (fork lifts, scissor lifts, tow motors, golf carts, etc)
- Stunt Acting (different scenarios)
- Working with Actors
- Ratchets (hand pulls vs. pneumatic)
- Accelerators and Decelerators
- Air Rams
- The Camera (how they work, how they read action, cinematography basics)
- Pay Structure (residuals, etc)